In a freshly printed support doc on its web page, Apple has acknowledged an mistake that some users may possibly acquire when they consider to use a scanner with a Mac in the Image Capture app, Preview application, or the Printers & Scanners area of Method Tastes.
When making an attempt to use a scanner with a Mac, Apple said consumers may get an error message indicating they do not have permission to open the application, followed by the name of the scanner driver. The concept says to speak to a personal computer or network administrator for support, or indicates that the Mac failed to open a connection to the device.
The mistake concept commences with: “You do not have permission to open up the software.”
Afflicted customers have shared grievances about this concern across the Apple Guidance Communities, Reddit, HP Aid Community, and elsewhere. The mistake information seems to be influencing people on numerous variations of macOS Huge Sur.
Apple mentioned this difficulty is expected to be fixed in a upcoming computer software update, but no timeframe was given. In the meantime, the support doc delivers move-by-move guidance on how to temporarily take care of the issue:
- Stop any applications that are open up.
- From the menu bar in the Finder, decide on Go > Go to Folder.
- Type /Library/Picture Seize/Gadgets, then press Return.
- In the window that opens, double-click the application named in the error information. It’s the identify of your scanner driver. Almost nothing need to transpire when you open it.
- Close the window and open the app you have been working with to scan. A new scan need to commence normally. If you later choose to scan from a different app and get the very same mistake, repeat these ways.
This posting will be current when Apple releases a macOS update with a everlasting correct.
Comments are Closed