What programming language is the most popular for builders? No, it truly is not Python
Table of Contents
Python, TypeScript, Kotlin, SQL and Go are on the rise, according to the JetBrains Condition of Developer Ecosystem report. But one programming language even now sales opportunities the pack.
In the ever-switching planet of software package improvement, the skills, programming languages and technologies essential for the career are in frequent flux. To understand the working day-to-day realities of developer lifestyle, JetBrains performed its annual Point out of Developer Ecosystem 2021 report, which it just unveiled on Thursday.
SEE: The best programming languages to understand–and the worst (TechRepublic Quality)
The report, which culls with each other solutions from 31,743 developers from 183 international locations and regions, takes an in-depth appear at the newest trends for developers—everything from programming languages and frameworks to life-style topics. They arrived from a vary of industries—from science to internet marketing to banking to government—and most ended up in the IT solutions. Most (63%) of respondents were being entirely utilized, and most (81%) had been developers/programmers/software engineers in senior (41%) positions. Just about 50 % (48%) had been in their 20s. And a whopping 93% have been male.
As builders proceed to be a extremely sought-just after team, comprehension the realities of their life and jobs should be of curiosity to recent and possible employers.
SEE: Top rated IT certifications to boost your wage (absolutely free PDF) (TechRepublic)
In this article are some of the principal findings from the Condition of Developer Ecosystem Report.
But other programming languages are major contenders, as well—according to the report, in addition to Python, TypeScript, Kotlin, SQL and Go are the fastest-escalating programming languages.
On the other hand, Ruby, Aim-C and Scala have dropped in acceptance around the previous 5 several years.
- Pre-pandemic, only 31% of developers worked from dwelling now 83% do.
- 70% of developers are glad with their positions.
- Video games are the most well-known interest, at 59%.
- 91% of developers turn to YouTube for enjoyment and 71% turn to YouTube for details.
- 47% make their individual foods.
- About 50% of the respondents lead to charity.
Other fun place of work info
- 46% use a spreadsheet editor to assess information.
- The majority of builders (68%) do not use a specific analytics platform.
- Jupyter (32%) is the most utilised massive information software.
- 36% use internal servers to host knowledge.
- 91% are anxious about info privacy.
- MySQL is the No. 1 databases for 69% of respondents, adopted by PostgreSQL, for 42%.
There is a large amount extra detail—everything from debugging saved treatments to programming languages by region to programming languages applied together with C++ to unit-screening frameworks to which module loaders are used—in the comprehensive report.
Comments are Closed